If you need any assistance with food or medicine, please reach out to me and I will do my best to assist you. If you would like to talk during these days, please reach out directly to me. This is what our community is here for.
If you are looking for more general resources of how to stay connected with cultural institutions during these days, please look at all of these resources
1. Stream NYC Broadway shows from home: www.broadwayHD.com Free first week trial and then $8.99/month or $99.99 per year subscription.
2. The renowned Metropolitan Opera in New York City is streaming a performance every night at 7:30 pm EST. The recordings then remain available for 20 hours (until 3:30 pm the following day). To access the Opera, go to www.metopera.org, and click on “watch now” to see the most recently published opera.
3. View exhibits in the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, via virtual tours online. Go to https://naturalhistory.si.edu/visit/virtual-tour/current-exhibits From that web page, you can scroll down and click the exhibit you’d like to view.
4. The San Diego Zoo also has both live and pre-recorded videos of their animals which you can watch. Go to https://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/live-cams From there you can scroll down and select which animal you’d like to watch.
5. The British Museum of the World in London, England has a collection of galleries you can view online. Go to www.britishmuseum.org, then, click on “Collection”, then “Galleries”. Scroll down just a little and then see where it says “Virtual Galleries”. You can then choose which gallery you’d like to view.
6. The Metropolitan Museum of Art has an award-winning series of YouTube videos set to calming music, to view the incredible architecture within the museum. The project is called The Met 360. Access these videos by going to https://www.metmuseum.org/art/online-features/met-360-project Here you’ll find all 6 videos from the series.
7. The Dali Museum in Saint Petersburg, FL, featuring more than 2,400 works by Salvador Dali, offers virtual tours of its grounds and gallery. To view this museum, go to https://thedali.org/virtual-tour/
8. The Louvre Museum in Paris, France offers virtual tours of some of their galleries. To access these virtual tours, visit https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne and select which tour you’d like to view.
9. The Monterey Bay Aquarium in California is live-streaming penguins, otters, jellyfish and more. Watch these creatures via a FREE live streaming camera. Access this camera at https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals Click the Tab that says “ANIMALS”, then on the bottom of the list on the right click “LIVE CAMS”. Here you can select which animal habitat you’d like to observe and enjoy! Live cameras are available from 10 am to 10 pm PST daily.
10. Candoo Tech provides in-home and remote tech support and training specifically designed to help older adults stay independent, safe and connected. Access the service at https://www.candootech.com/.