Shabbat Shalom from Rabbi Ain!
Shabbat Shalom! In this Torah portion, Shoftim, Moses reviews the justice system for the Israelites. Moses talks about the limits future kings should have on their possessions. Moses explains that the priests and levites should not be paid and should survive on donations from the people. Finally, Moses explains the laws of warfare.
Shabbat evening services are at 6:15 pm and Saturday morning services are at 9:15 am. Candle lighting is at 7:32 pm.
Thought question: How do we understand our obligation to pursue justice in our land?
PREPARING FOR THE HIGH HOLIDAYS!
- Join me tomorrow following kiddush as we take a closer look at the structure and themes of the High Holiday services
- Prepare to come to our moving Selichot program and service on Saturday night September 1st. We will watch an incredible Israeli film called Facing the Wind, followed by a discussion. We will then enter into the holiday spirit as Cantor Keren and the Shirah Choir, with musical accompaniment, lead us in prayers
- Reserve your seats for the Sanctuary Service, the Parallel Service, or the Young Professionals’ Service. CLICK HERE for all the details.
- Sign up for Jewels-of-Elul, a daily email with inspiration and Jewish wisdom for the year ahead
- If you are planning on enrolling a child in the religious school or Hebrew Highplease make sure to do so asap! If you have any questions be in touch with Alyssa Schwager.