SPS December 2018 Multi-Generational Trip to Israel!
We are planning a trip to Israel for December 2018.This trip is great whether you have been to Israel already or not and will be guided by David Keren, an excellent guide who has lead an SPS trip in the past. We will explore the past, engage with the present, and dream about the future!
Highlights will include:
- Two days in Tel Aviv where we will learn about the founding of the state and visit with many different communities that live in Israel today
- An Off-Road Jeep tour competition in the Golan Heights as we understand geo-political issues of the day
- Meeting with an artist in Tzfat
- A Visit to a Chocolate Factory
- Tours of Jerusalem-both modern and ancient, with a special b’nai mitzvah ceremony in the Egalitarian section of the Kotel as well as time to explore the new shops and restaurants
- A tram ride to the top of Masada and wading in the depths of the Dead Sea
- Special shabbat services and dinner with lone soldiers (IDF soldiers who have made aliyah who are living in Israel without their family)
- An archaeological dig
- A New Year’s Eve dinner in Jerusalem!
We are having an information session on September 12 at 7 pm
at the home of SPS members Ross and Erica Levine. If you would like details about the location of the information session or about the trip itself please email Rabbi Ain